A successful blog is one that has many visitors and more importantly, a following of loyal readers who will return often and recommend the blog to other people. A key element in developing a successful blog is creating quality content. Unfortunately there are many well written blogs that do not have any visitors due to poor marketing. The following tips will help you market your blog effectively:
• Write consistently. Make sure you write on a regular basis so that you can attract a loyal reader base. You can do a lot of marketing, but it won’t help if you only write 1 blog post per month. More traffic and more publicity for your blog will only begin once you have created many interesting blog posts on a regular basis. Although it may be difficult to maintain regularity and quality when you first start out, keep up a schedule.
• Design is important. First impressions do count and a well designed, easy to navigate blog is better than a disorganized and overcrowded one. Choose a good blog template, or hire a professional to install and customize one for you.
• Social networks. Use social networking sites like Facebook, Linkedin and Twitter to spread the word about your blog. These sites have blog tools that can be integrated so that a link to your blog post is broadcast across the social network landscape. In your social profiles, be sure to include a URL to your blog.
• Posting comments. Posting comments on other blogs will help you connect with other bloggers as well as promote your own blog. Find other blogs that you can contribute meaningful and insightful comments and remember to include your blog URL.
• Blogroll. Many blogs have a blogroll, which is a list of other blogs that they recommend or have decided to reciprocate links with. When you are first starting out, this is a good way to spread your links over the Internet so that your blog gets picked up by the search engines. You can contact some other blog owners and ask them to reciprocate.
• Social bookmarks. Bookmarking sites have become a popular way for people to keep track of their favorite links. Sites like Digg, Delicious, StumbleUpon and Mixx allow users to save and exchange links with others. Include social bookmark buttons for each blog post so that readers of your blog add your URL to their bookmarks.
• Find a Forum. Finding a forum which is related to what your niche is can really help you bring in qualified traffic. Signup and help other users, don’t just promote your site, but truly try to help people or provide quality information to forum members.
The above mentioned tips may seem somewhat of a hassle or even time-consuming, however this should be the minimum effort that you put into marketing your blog, especially your best posts. To have a successful blog requires that you promote each of your best posts, not just the blog home page. Spend a little bit of time each day using the above tips to get started with blog promotion and after you have built a following of readers and some steady website traffic you may not have to do as much work later on.If you found this helpful, please share it below. Thank you!