If you have a small business maybe you have used a flyer to market your services and promote your business. Flyer design is the popular term used to describe a one page flyer with information about your business that you want people to know. You have probably seen really simple ones from the Chinese restaurant flyer to the really expensive and fancy ones, such as, flyers promoting a popular movie.
Flyers can be very simple or fancy, but for small business owners like you, a simple one should be sufficient. In this short tutorial, I will show you how to create a one page basic flyer for a fictitious new Italian restaurant called “Prego.”
1. Start Microsoft Word 2007 and open a new blank document.
2. Go to Insert>Text Box >Simple Text Box and select it. With your mouse, click on the text box and drag it to the left hand upper corner of the document and stretch it to a little over half of the vertical page – as seen in the image below.
3. Next, click inside the text box and type the name of the restaurant, Prego Italian Restaurant. Now, select the name “Prego Italian Restaurant,” right click it and go down to Font and select it. In the Font menu, select the following: under Font select Harrington, under Font Size select 48 pt. and under color select red. Next, click on the actual text box and right click it, go down to format text box and under Color select no color (so that the line outlining the text box actually disappears and you only see the text). It should look like the image below.
4. Next, we’re going to insert three images for this particular business. In this example, I already have three images saved in my Documents folder, so to insert them one by one, I would go to Insert>Insert Picture>Documents>PregoPic 1 and click OK (repeat the same step for the three images which in this case are saved as PregoPic1, PregoPic2 and PregoPic3.) Then we are going to align the three images next to each other under the Prego text box – as seen in the below image.
5. Next, we’re going to insert some key information about specials and contact information. Go to Insert>Text Box>Simple Text Box and create two text boxes, one on top of the other. Type the following information inside the first top text box:
Don’t Miss Grand Opening June 10 starting at 5:00 PM
Combo Deal Special
Glass of Wine
Right below that text box, insert the following contact information:
Prego Italian Restaurant
1234 NE 15 Street
Miami, FL 33190
6. Next, click on the first text box and select the opening sentence “ Don’t Miss Grand Opening June 10 starting at 5:00 PM!” and right click it, format the font and make it bold 36 pts. Select the second piece of information “Combo Deal Special for $10.99 Includes:” and bold “Combo Deal” and select the color red for the price “$10.99.” Next, select “Appetizer, Main Entrée, and 1 Glass of Wine” and format the text bold. Now select all the information in the first text box and Go to Paragraph>Center so that all the information within the text box is centered. Finally, select the second text box with the restaurant’s contact information, right click it, go to Format Text Box menu and select ¾ pt line style and black color. Now the text box has an outline and looks like a box. Your final product should look the image below.
Remember that you can format your flyer design any way you want and make it your own. Good Luck!!!If you found this helpful, please share it below. Thank you!